Alberta is moving back to Step 1, effective 11:59 pm on April 6.
Mandatory restrictions – Provincewide – Revised April 6
Team sports are not permitted
- No sports games, competitions, team practice or league play of any kind is allowed.
All group fitness activities are not permitted
- Individual or household one-on-one training only, with a trainer, is permitted.
- All indoor fitness must be scheduled or by appointment – no drop-ins allowed.
- Masks must be worn by:
- trainers at all times
- clients at all times during low intensity exercise – masks are not required during high intensity exercise
- 3 metre physical distancing must be maintained at all times, regardless of the type or intensity of exercise. This includes between pairs of trainers and clients – sessions cannot interact.
- 2 metre physical distancing is required in all other areas of the facilitly, such as entryways and exits, change rooms, etc.
Restrictions for training sessions
- Trainers must be professional, certified and/or paid trainers who are providing active instruction and correction. Passive supervision of a physical activity is not considered training.
- Each trainer can only interact with their assigned client, and each client can only interact with their assigned trainer. No interaction between clients or between trainers is allowed.
- ‘Cycling through’ multiple trainers (as in circuit training) is not permitted.