A balancing act … the best words to describe our work since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, and especially since the newest restrictions were set in place by the provincial government on September 16 and 24. We have assessed and reassessed – made decisions and then made new decisions – listened to you and then listened to you some more.
Since Sept 16 we have done our best to put forth direction that is best for the community, while trying to balance what is best for our guests and our staff, and this constant balancing act has led us to the point, today, of establishing another round of updated restrictive measures that will apply to all users, guests and staff at the C2.
Starting Wednesday, September 29, we will no longer be implementing the Restrictions Exemption Program. We will instead be implementing all of the public health restrictions outlined in CMOH Order 44-2021:
- Individual and 1-on-1 fitness activities will be allowed. Masking and 3m distancing requirements remain in place.
- The Fitness facility will remain available on an appointment basis only. Please call 780-812-3400 to reserve your time slot
- Adult fitness classes will be allowed, complying with the Restrictions Exemption Program
- Adult group activities will no longer be allowed unless the group complies with the Restrictions Exemption Program
- Youth (under 18) activities may continue with masking and 2m distancing rules in effect, plus daily COVID-19 health screening
- All areas of the facility will be at 1/3 fire code capacity
- Spectator attendance is restricted to 1/3 fire code capacity. Attendees are limited to a single household or 2 close contacts if living alone and must be masked with 2m physical distancing.